Orders for our all-Tasmanian fruit and veg boxes are now open for April! To place an order, just let us know by email (email@example.com) what box type and optional add-ons you’d like on each of the following dates. If you’re ordering for the first time or you’re changing your delivery/pick-up status you’ll need to specify which of these two options you’d prefer when ordering. New customers are also welcome to order a single box to try the service first, and as an added incentive, delivery (normally $5 extra) is free with your first box.
- 31st March *
- 7th April
- 13th April (Thursday, due to Easter)
- 21st April
- 28th April
We’re looking forward to making some changes over the next few months to make BB an even better way to buy local, and we’re keen to hear your feedback also to help guide us in this process. We’d love to hear from you – we’ve pinned a “suggestions box” to our facebook page, and we’re happy to receive suggestions via email too. Here are some of the things that are in the pipeline:
- Reduced plastic packaging – in the meantime, please let us know if you’d like us to make your box plastic-free and where possible we’ll make this happen. However, we regret that we’re unable to supply cut greens (e.g. salad) in alternative packaging.
- Wider delivery area – we already have a third-party delivery arrangement for the east coast, and are investigating options for delivery to the southern midlands and Huon regions.
- Improvements to our website – we’ve streamlined the vegie box information page, and are in the process of creating a whole new set of grower profiles for a number of growers who we now buy from regularly
- Feedback logging system – by collating your feedback, we’re hoping that recurring issues will be dealt with better
- Improved range of local add-ons – we’re in the process of sourcing a whole range of extra optional add-on groceries, and we’re also offering bulk order options for those who like to do their own preserving or just to stock up.
For April we’re including Tasmanian salt, olive oil and grains as optional add-ons, and as well as the delicious Huon Valley Juice Company apple juice, we’ll be offering the apple and strawberry juice, which uses DM Jennings & Sons strawberries in addition to Duggan Brand apples – a real taste of the Huon! We’ll continue to offer the usual add-ons as well, some of which have had some small price adjustments, although we regret that we’re still unable to source Banticks’ Eggs; we hope that we’re able to restore some level of supply on these soon. Click through to the following links for more info on optional add-ons and bulk orders.
We’d like to remind existing and new customers of a few existing features of our service – we do our best to get the message out there, but with so many options it can be difficult:
- Exclusions – if there are items that you don’t want in your box, you don’t have to throw them in the bin; we can set up an exclusion which means that any time we include them in the box, your box won’t include them and an equivalent value substitute will replace them. These are set up on an ongoing basis, so there’s no need to ask every time you order. You’re also welcome to change them at any time if circumstances change.
- Multiple box delivery fee – if you’re getting multiple boxes delivered to one address on the same day on the same account, you’ll only be charged one delivery fee. So if you’d like to order for your friends, neighbours or work-mates, this will save you a few pennies!
- Refund/replacement policy – we want you to be totally happy with your boxes. If there are items that you aren’t happy with, or if items are missing, please let us know, and we’ll replace or refund these (whichever is most practical in the circumstances – we reserve the right to decide). Please note that we require notification of this no later than Saturday night for each week’s boxes, as fresh produce is perishable, and especially so if not stored correctly. A full list of the produce in each type of box each week is published on our website every Friday night, and you can also sign up for our spoiler list which provides the same information on a Thursday night.
Please don’t forget too that we do the environmentally responsible thing and re-use your boxes – these can either be returned when picking up your next box, or left out for pick-up on delivery day.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to order for April or for any enquiries, and we’ll get back to you on Saturday and Sunday after the weekly Thursday-Friday packing and delivering madness is over!
*Please note that due to Mr BB making an error on March ongoing invoices that was only picked up after all invoices were made and emailed out (arghh!), orders for March 31st will be treated as part of the month of April.