Our preserves are proudly home-made by Mr BB, use home-grown produce where possible, and are flavoured, preserved and thickened with only natural and traditional ingredients.
Small batch and specials
- Tangelo & Lemon marmalade ($6.5) – chunky but tender hand-cut lemon and tangelo peel, sweet and tangy
- Raspberry Syrup/Blackcurrant Syrup ($5) – strained berries and syrup, perfect as cordial or dessert topping
Jams & Marmalades – ($6.5)
Our jams & marmalades are full of delicious Tasmanian fruit, in tried and tested flavour combinations, and are set using naturally occurring pectin.
- Raspberry jam – just raspberries and sugar, a real crowd-pleaser
- Blackberry Jam – not too sweet; just right
- Blueberry, Pear & Vanilla Jam – Miss BB’s favourite
- Fig Jam – a house speciality using our own home-grown figs
- Gooseberry & Elderflower Jam – a gold medal winner, flavoured with Ashbolt’s gold medal winning concentrate!
- Drunken Cherries – not a jam, but these cherries poached in spiced port are another gold medal winner!
- St Clements Marmalade – a sweet marmalade, combining oranges and home-grown lisbon lemons
- Cumquat Marmalade – tart, full of chunky but tender cumquat halves
- Rhubarb & Orange Marmalade – with an extra flavour hit of fresh ginger and cardamom
Sauces, Relishes, Pickles & Chutneys ($5.5)
Boldly flavoured with freshly-ground custom spice blends, a delicate balance of sour, sweet & salty, perfectly designed to enhance, not distract, from whatever you choose to combine them with.
- Sweet Indian Apricot Chutney – jammy but savoury, flavoured with freshly ground garam masala
- Spicy Indian Apricot Chutney – all the deliciousness of the above, but with extra kick! ($4)
- Tomato Kasundi – our spicier tomato relish option, full of rich toasted spices like cumin and fenugreek
- Tomato Sauce – just the way tomato sauce should taste, minus
all the preservatives…
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – local rocoto chillies; thickened (and flavoured!) with pears not starch
- Preserved Lemons ($7/$6.5) – soft, salt-cured meyer lemons, one of Mr BB’s favourites and a gold medal winner!
Currently unavailable – we’re working on it!
- Piccalilli – Britain meets India in a crunchy cauliflower and cucumber pickle with a bronze medal!
- Zesty Tunisian Pumpkin Chutney – unique to BB, tart and spicy with home-made harissa; another gold medal winner!
- Cafe Relish – a general-purpose chunky tomato relish, flavoured with fennel seed and capsicum
- Moroccan Beetroot Relish – shredded beetroot, honey, oranges and cinnamon – fragrant, tasty and a silver medal winner!
- Lemon Curd – smooth, sweet and tart, and a silver medal winner!
- Greengage Jam – these sweet plums are roasted first to intensify the flavour
- Apricot Jam – made with delicious Moorpark apricots
If you have your own backyard produce you’d like to see in a Backyard Bounty preserve, or would like to place a large/wholesale order, please email email@example.com